Annual Transport Awards 2016
Call for nominations
The theme for the 2016 Transport awards is "Inspiring Excellence and Innovation for a sustainable Transport Sector”
The Annual Transport Awards 2016 are now open for nominations in the following categories:
- Best Female Employee in Transport
- Best Male Employee in Transport
- Best Manager in Transport
- Best Chief Executive Officer in Transport
- Best Head of Department in Transport
- Best Performing Institution
- Best Innovative Partnership in Service Delivery(Project)
- Minister's Special Award
- Best Employee of the Year
Opening and closing date
Opening date: 1 September 2016
Closing date: 23 September 2016 at 16h00
N/B Entries received after the closing date for nominations will be disqualified.
The Honourable Minister of Transport, Ms Dipuo Peters, MP introduced the first Annual Transport Awards in 2014 in order to inculcate the culture of excellence within the Transport Sector. The Minister declared during the 2014 Awards ceremony that the Awards will take place during the October Transport months annually.
Objectives of the Awards
The Transport Awards seek to achieve the following objectives:
- Promote a new culture of professionalism, dedication, integrity and service delivery by encouraging collaboration amongst transport officials at national, provincial and municipal level as well as public entities;
- Facilitate a culture of continuous improvement, empowerment, innovation and service excellence;
- Celebrate the success of individuals, teams and institutions in search for more effective and accountable transport sector;
- Encourage active participation of individuals and teams and honour dedication, innovation and creativity that is intended to make the Transport sector successful; and
- Recognise the commitment and sacrifice made by the individuals and teams in providing quality and effective service delivery to the citizens.
Requirements and Guidelines
- Submissions must only cover 2015/2016 financial year.
- Submissions must be in English.
- Hand written submissions are not encouraged.
- Submissions must be hand delivered or emailed to the addresses below not later than the 24 September 2016 at 16h00.
- Incomplete and late submissions will unfortunately not be considered.
- The shortlisting Panel shall consider and evaluate all the nominated officials and select the best suitable candidates for pre-selection.
- The Shortlisting Panel shall use the evaluation criteria as outlined in the evaluation sheet.
- All entries received before the closing date will be stamped and allocated a reference number.
- A multi-disciplinary and independent team of adjudicators will judge the process.
- The adjudicator’s decisions are final.
- Where necessary nominees will be contacted for verification either through email, telephone, face to face interview or site visit.
Nomination form and evaluation criteria per category below
To enter the awards program, please hand deliver / email / enter online by completing the attached nomination form with all supporting documents to:
National Department of Transport
159 Struben Street
Private Bag X 193
Mr Victor Mabaso
Tel: 012 309 3699
Office: 2108 2nd floor
Ms Margrat Mazibuko
Tel: 012 309 3203
Office: 2101 2nd floor
“Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude.” --Colin Powell.
(We wish you all the best with your nomination).