Annual Transport Awards 2017
Call for nominations
The theme for the 2017 Transport awards is “Promoting Excellence through Innovation”
The Annual Transport Awards 2017/18 are now open for enteries and nominations in the following categories:
|1||Best Female Employee in Transport||Open for nomination|
|2||Best Male Employee in Transport||Open for nomination|
|3||Best Manager in Transport||Open for nomination|
|4||Best Performing Institution||Open for nomination|
|5||Best Innovative Partnership in Service Delivery||Open for nomination|
|6||Best Improved Driving Licence Testing Centre (DLTC)||Not open for nomination |
The Finalists should be determined based on site visits conducted in selected DLTCs by the DPME, DoT OD and DoT Inspectorate reports.
|7||Best Chief Executive Officer in Transport||Not open for nomination. |
All the CEOs are nominated automatically. The finalists will be decided on the prescribed and approved criteria.
|8||Best Head of Department in Transport||Not open for nomination. |
Shall be decided on Annual Reports, Performance Outcomes and Auditor General’s report.
|9||Minister’s Special Award||Not open for nomination |
|10||Employee of The Year (Overall winner)||Not open for nomination |
This award will be bestowed to an individual who scored above all nominees in the categories 1 – 5 above.
Opening and closing date
Opening date: 1 December 2017
Closing date: 26 January 2018
N/B Entries received after the closing date for nominations will be disqualified
Nomination form and evaluation criteria per category
Transport awards nomination form per category, Click here
The inaugural Annual Transport Awards were hosted during the October Transport Month in 2014 in order to inculcate the culture of excellence within the Transport Sector. The Department of Transport hosted its third Annual Transport Awards event last year in Mthatha Eastern Cape Province on the 29th of October 2016.
Objectives of the awards
The Transport Awards seek to achieve the following objectives:
- To promote a culture of professionalism, dedication, integrity and service delivery by encouraging collaboration amongst transport officials at national, provincial and municipal level as well as public entities;
- To celebrate the success of individuals, teams and institutions in search for more effective and accountable transport sector;
- To encourage active participation of individuals and teams and honour dedication, innovation and creativity that is intended to make the Transport sector successful.
Requirements and guidelines
- Submissions must only cover 2016/2017 financial year.
- Submissions must be in English.
- Hand written submissions are not encouraged but must be eligible.
- Submissions must be hand delivered or emailed to the addresses below by not later than 19 January 2018 at 16h00.
- Incomplete and late submissions will unfortunately not be considered.
- The shortlisting Panel shall consider and evaluate all the nominated officials and organisations / projects and select the best entries for pre selection.
- The Shortlisting Panel shall use the evaluation criteria as outlined in the evaluation sheet.
- All entries received before the closing date will be stamped and allocated a reference number.
- A multi-disciplinary and independent team of adjudicators will judge the process.
- The adjudicator’s decisions are final.
- Where necessary nominees will be contacted for verification through either email, telephone, face-to-face interview or site visit.
To submit your entries, please hand deliver / email by completing the attached nomination form with all supporting documents to:
National Department of Transport
159 Struben Street
Private Bag X 193
Ms Margaret Mazibuko
Office no: 2101 2nd floor
Tel: 012 309 3203
Mr Thabang Sessing
Office no: 2106 2nd floor
Tel: 012 309 3944
We wish you all the best with your nomination.